You are buying a custom “barbell” that we manufacture to eliminate the cooler thermostat (bypass) that is found on late model 6L80, 6L90, 8L90 and some Allison transmissions.
- 6L80 & 6L90 2014 up
- 6L90 2016 up
- Some Allison transmissions from 2017 to 2019
- Simple to install, some models can be done on the vehicle
- Greatly reduces the chance of transmission overheating
- Full time cooler flow, no matter what the transmission temperature is
- Allows for instant checking of transmission level after service once minimum required temperature is reached
- Uses stock thermostat housing so no change to cooler lines
- Can extend transmission fluid life
You get the cooler plug valve with both o-rings, instructions can be provided if necessary.